When I heard about one ingredient ice cream, I was skeptical. The basic gist: put a frozen banana in the food processor. That’s it.
I figured we’d end up with a frozen treat – possibly tasty, possibly not so much – but I didn’t expect the texture or taste to be anywhere near the glory of ice cream.
Three words that I don’t usually admit to: I was wrong.
It turned out to be creamy, similar to soft serve. If someone offered me banana flavored ice cream, I’d laugh. But somehow this turned out to be our new favorite dessert.
You’ll have to try it if you don’t believe me.
One Ingredient Ice Cream
adapted from the kitchn
makes 2 small servings
- 2 bananas
- Add-ins (optional – see below)
- Slice bananas. Freeze for at least two hours.
- Blend frozen bananas and add-ins in a food processor. Scrape down the sides as necessary until smooth, creamy, and lump-free.
- hot cocoa mix (possibly just cocoa powder? I’m not sure on this one…)
- chocolate sauce and peanut butter
- pineapple juice, coconut, and rum