My 50 Reasons to Get Healthy through Eating and Exercise
(segment two of five)
- Women who exercise have shorter labors. Enough said!
- Outside exercise, such as walking, is a good dose of fresh air. It’ll lift the spirits!
- There are plenty of weight-related health problems and pregnancy complications to be scared of, including gestational diabetes.
- Walking downtown instead of driving means I don’t have to parallel park, or pay for metered parking!
- Exercising women aren’t as likely to need medical interventions during labor (c-sections, etc.).
- When I’m done exercising, I always like what I see in the mirror better than I did two hours earlier. This has nothing to do with any actual change in my body – I know it’s all it my head – but I’ll take it!
- Recovering up to twice as quickly after childbirth is enough of a reason for me.
- Extra pounds can be uncomfortable. I’ll be gaining enough “healthy” pounds from the pregnancy alone – no need to tack on too many extras!
- When I talk to friends and co-workers who are super-fit marathoners, I don’t have to feel like a total schlub if I’m at least on some sort of an exercise program.
- Considering a chore “exercise” makes me more apt to do it. Gardening, cleaning (with a little spring in my step, of course), and laundry all fall under this category.
Check out my first ten reasons to get fit!