My 50 Reasons to Get Healthy through Eating and Exercise
(segment one of five)
- I’ve heard that unborn babies can taste whatever their mothers eat, and develop their tastes accordingly. I’d rather have my child develop a taste for broccoli than chocolate chip cookies.
- Pounds creep on pretty easily. Unfortunately, they don’t tend to slip off quite as quickly. I’d rather have less to lose in the first place.
- I’d like to have a high energy level that doesn’t crash.
- I’d like to have a mood that doesn’t swing (any more than my hormones are already making it, anyway!).
- Exercise promotes better sleep – and I think I’ll need to be as well rested for our latest adventure as possible.
- Paul loves to go on walks – much, much more than I do. If I can learn to love walking as much as he does, we’d have nearly unlimited quality time together.
- Back pain appears to be a plague later on in pregnancy. Strengthening those muscles now can only help in the future!
- If I run errands without the car (instead using a bike or walking), I can save some cash on gas.
- I can get some “reading” in. Walking or exercising on a machine is a great time to listen to a Playaway (similar to a book on tape).
- Two words: love handles.