For a long time, I’d feel guilty about drinking an entire smoothie. They’re so good they seem like an unhealthy treat. I’ve since gotten past that, as there’s not a speck of unhealthiness in a glass.
We never measure this recipe. I’ve written the formal recipe below, but it can be summed up in two sentences: Blend ice cubes, fruit, yogurt, and milk until smooth. A few tips and tricks that we’ve discovered over the years:
- Add more ice cubes for thicker smoothies.
- Add more milk for a thinner smoothie.
- Any frozen fruit can be used in place of the strawberries/banana.
- If you add a hefty amount of ice cubes to begin with, you’ll over compensate with the rest of the ingredients, and end up with double the smoothie you’d like to eat.
- If the ice isn’t hitting the blades of the blender, add more milk or give the blender a good shake or two (while it’s off, of course).
Strawberry Banana Smoothies
similar recipe found at squidoo.com
recipe makes 2 smoothies
- 5-10 ice cubes
- 5-7 frozen strawberries
- 1 banana, broken into chunks
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 cup milk
- Layer ingredients in blender.
- Blend until smooth.