from Cook’s Country
- 2 thinly sliced scallions, green and white parts separated
- 1/2 minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp grated lime zest
- 2 tbs fresh lime juice
- 3 avocados, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 3 tbs fresh cilantro leaves
- Combine white parts of scallions, jalapeno, garlic, and lime juice in large bowl. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Add two-thirds of the avocado to bowl with jalapeno mixture and mash with potato masher until smooth. Gently fold remaining avocado into mashed avocado mixture. Gently stir in lime zest, green parts of scallions, and cilantro. Season with salt.