There’s an extra secret ingredient in this recipe. That may be an exaggeration, but I’ve never seen it in another recipe. I feel like it’s “cheating” a bit, akin to baking a cake from a mix and calling it your own. Nevertheless, I do take credit for these delicious cookies every time I bring them somewhere – and they’re typically a hit!
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe from Sarah; similar recipe found at Stephanie’s Kitchen
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 (3.4 oz) package vanilla instant pudding*
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz chocolate chips*
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Mix flour and baking soda; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars in a large bowl. Add pudding, vanilla, and eggs.
- Gradually add flour mixture, chocolate chips, and nuts.
- Drop dough by rounded spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.
*You can use vanilla pudding for traditional cookies or chocolate pudding for a different twist. Just about any kind of chip or nut is tasty too!