These are filling, chewy, tasty, and definitely worth making again!
Morning Glory Muffins
recipe from Cook’s Country
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick), melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 carrots , peeled and grated (2 cups)
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple , drained and pressed dry with paper towels
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 375 degrees. Generously coat a 12-cup muffin tin with vegetable oil spray.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the sugar, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla until smooth. Gently fold the egg mixture into the flour mixture with a rubber spatula until just combined. Fold the carrots, pineapple, coconut, raisins, and walnuts into the batter.
- Use a large ice-cream scoop or measuring cup to divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out with just a few crumbs attached, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then flip out onto a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.