I’ve come to a realization that slightly alters my Happiness Project this month. My August focus – work – is actually my focus for August, September, October, November, December, January, February, March, April, and May. I spent over 40 hours per week working, preparing to work, thinking about work, researching work… I think I’ve got work covered. I’ve found that while I love love love teaching, I do want to continue putting a special emphasis on a goal not related to work.
The beginning of the school year is a wonderful time to make a resolution, and in typical New Year’s resolution fashion, I’m going to get fit and healthy this month. (By this month, I mean the rest of August and September, as somehow the first two weeks of August passed without my realization.) My husband is along for the ride. Actually, I’m the one going along for the ride – it was his idea to step up our game in the realm of eating and exercise. I already have several ideas for August/September goals. I may add, delete, or alter the list after I review it with Paul.
Possible Health-related goals
- Sign up for the fall session of Zumba classes. GO TO THE CLASSES.
- Sign up for a weight training program at the YMCA.
- From Gretchen Rubin at happiness-project.com: “Never skip exercising for two days in a row. You can skip a day, but the next day, you must exercise, no matter how inconvenient.”
- Savor one (and only one) treat per day.
- Wake up between 5:30 and 6:30 and go to sleep within 9:30 and 10:30 daily, including weekends.
- Serve vegetables for lunch, snack, and dinner. (And perhaps find a way to make them taste a bit better… any suggestions?)
- Take a multivitamin daily.
- Choose one extra goal daily from America on the Move.
- Clean up my “100 Things to Make” list so it has more vegetables, less treats.
I’m open to new ideas, so feel free to send tips or ideas my way!