The tomato pie was DELICIOUS! It tasted similar to a deep dish pizza. Here’s the version we made for our Christmas Eve feast.
Good Old Tomato Pie
- single pie crust (I used wonderful, easy recipe that I found online… but can’t find it at the moment)
- 5 medium/large tomatoes, cubed
- 1/2-1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup diced green peppers
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 8 oz package of sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 package of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 T brown sugar
- 2 cups shredded cheese (combination of Monterey Jack and Cheddar)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
Preheat oven to 375. Place pie crust in a deep dish baker. Put tomatoes in large bowl; add flour to thicken. Stir in vegetables, mushrooms, and bacon. Season to taste. Pour tomato mixture into pie crust. In small bowl, combine mayo and cheese. Spread over tomato mixture. Bake for 45 minutes.